Saturday, March 10, 2012

Pekka Rinne interview - courtesy of nhl.com and Sporting News


The one thing that's not as good here as it is back home: I miss snow -- cold, sunny days with a lot of snow. We don't really get snow over here, although I can't complain. It's a nice thing to have the warm weather.

The one thing that's better than back home: The fact that people are outgoing and positive in everyday life. Our culture, we like to (keep) more to ourselves.

Predators teammate I'd least like to play against: Patric Hornqvist. He likes to hang around the net and block the goalies. He's a really important player for us, but I wouldn't like to play against him.

Most underrated teammate: Matt Halischuk

I'd love to have ... Something out of Martin Brodeur -- (for) the way he raised the game and his experience.

How I usually kill time on the road: We usually go for a long lunch. I spend a lot of time with food; it's fun to just sit around and eat and drink and get ready for the next day's game. Also, I like to see the new cities and go for walks, sometimes to the mall.

Car I drive to home games: Black Mercedes

Pregame meal: Chicken Parmesan

Pregame song I listen to: Something from Metallica

Love to trade places for a day with ... A rock band singer

Sport I'm second-best at: I like to play tennis in the summertime, but I'm not great at it.

Athlete in another sport I love to watch: Roger Federer. He's so classy and doesn't lose his cool. And he always seems to be at his best when the game needs it.

The hardest I've ever been hit was ... Last year versus Anaheim, first game of the season, I hurt my knee a little bit. Usually it doesn't hurt but that one did a little damage.

Number of bones I've broken: Just a couple -- my fingers and a shoulder surgery.

Strangest thing I've ever autographed: Shoes

NHL's coolest uniforms ... Chicago and pretty much all of the Original Six. A lot of history and traditional logos.

NHL fans who give us the toughest time: Columbus. We have a little bit of a rivalry.

Opposing NHL arena with the best ice to skate on: Montreal

U.S. city that deserves an NHL team: Seattle

My favorite U.S. city: Boston has a European flavor.

My favorite website: I read a lot of Finnish news back home.

If I could change one NHL rule, it'd be ... The trapezoid. I'd take it away. It's brutal.

My bucket list: My dream is to win the Stanley Cup with Nashville. Off the ice, hopefully someday I'll have a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment